Monday, July 1, 2013

::The Beginning of New Chapter::

We have decided to expand our family by adopting a Sipek!


Another dog, you ask? No, no. This time, we are ready to adopt an orphan (or two!) in South America. We are excited and enthusiastic to start this blog as a way for our families, friends, and other people to be a part of this story and be up to date with where we are in our adoption journey.

This is only the beginning of our expectedly long adoption process. We have been keeping in contact with an Adoption Agency in California with our expressed interest in adopting Deaf orphan(s) in Colombia, hopefully. The coordinator of the agency claimed that she feels truly positive with our case and believes that we will be able to bring a fortunate child or two to our forever home. There are several Deaf orphans available in Colombia, which is the main reason why we are aiming for Colombia.

Meanwhile, we will need to do a lot of fundraising to provide a forever home for the child. We will eventually keep you posted with our upcoming fundraising events with the breakdown of fees for our adoption to give you a clear picture of what is involved. With your generous help, our family can become whole. 



Overall, we are feeling very hopeful and excited to begin our adoption journey! :)

ox
Sipeks

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Well, it looks like the internet might work for you :) I just saw your blog posted by someone on FB and since I am a part of the adoption community I was interested and decided to click this morning. But then it took me a long time of searching your blog to try to piece your story together. Can I make a recommendation? Put together a blog post that explains all about who you are (I gather you are deaf and that is why you are interested in adopting a deaf child(ren) but I did not find confirmation of that) Tell us about yourself, what led you to want to adopt, where you are adopting from and why etc. I love to help support others raising funds for adoption but if I don't know them personally, or they are not being recommended to me by a trusted friend, I would like to feel that I "know" you before I send money your way :) I would love to root for you on your journey and send lots of prayers your way too, but I feel I need to know more about you so I can be specific in my prayers and support. If you choose to do this, please email me at katie.ouding@gmail.com and let me know that you have posted to your blog. I will be more than happy to spread the word!!!! Good luck and God bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete